Faith-Based Communities are City Limitless
Decatur has a history of taking care of our own and it’s a very generous place to live and work. I feel that’s due, in large part, to the faith-based communities. To be a part of the many, one only needs to turn a corner, ask a friend, or search the web. They are a welcoming presence to those seeking a place to worship, grow, and raise a family with “Hesed” love, acceptance, and purpose in times when we need it the most.
Being a part of this community is very special to my family. Our vision is that all places of worship in the Decatur area will remain a constant place of hope and spiritual guidance to those visiting and longing for open doors with open hearts. Our church, First Presbyterian Church, exemplifies all that our family is searching for. It is on the corner of Church and Prairie Street in the heart of the city. You can find many locations to worship lining the streets of our community. Their beautiful architecture is captivating and behind the doors I hope that you’ll find:
- A sense of connection to something much larger than ourselves
- Accepted and welcomed, not judged by our differences
- Offered paths of knowledge, spiritual guidance, and the freedom to ask questions that can direct individual growth as believers
- Encountered and enlightened by the divine
- Resources that connect us to our community in mission
- Share in meaningful dialogue; spreading the message for hope, peace and justice
- Share our gifts and talents with others
This holiday season, the doors are open to one and all. I invite you to join us at First Presbyterian at 7:00 p.m. Christmas Eve and learn how Decatur and Macon County is rich in faith-based communities.
Kathy Beube – Member of First Presbyterian Church, and City Limitless Ambassador