- Wine Tastings at Decatur Fine Wines
Decatur Fine Wines is having a wine tasting, start the weekend off right by trying a few wines!
Sept. 25 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Friday Night Horror Movie at The Lincoln Square Theater
Fall is in full swing and what better way to celebrate than with a classic horror film at one of the most haunted places in Decatur! This month’s premier will be the “White Zombie.”
Sept. 25 7:00pm-10:00pm
- Family Night’s Live Outdoor Movie at Antioch Christian Church
Not a fan of scary movies? Be sure to check out the family movie at Antioch Christian Church! The weather is perfect for an outdoor movie, but be sure to grab a blanket and chair.
Sept. 25 7:00pm-9:00pm
- The Betsy Smith Run at St. Mary’s Hospital
This 5k helps to celebrate a woman whose life was cut short. Betsy was a passionate and loving woman, her biggest passion was needy children. All the proceeds raised for this 5K go towards a ministry for children in Indiana where she attended college.
Sept. 26 8:00am-9:00am
- Pumpkin Palooza at the Children’s Museum of Illinois
The Children’s museum of Illinois is hosting their annual Pumpkin Palooza, teaching children about the importance of harvesting and the science behind it. The cost is $6.
Sept. 26 10:00-4:30
- Family Movie at The Lincoln Theater
Missed out on the horror movie Friday night? Be sure to check out the family movie the Lincoln Theater is playing an all-time classic, “The Wizard of Oz.” Cost is $5.
Sept. 26 11:00am-1:30pm
- Canoe the Sangamon at Rock Springs Conservation Area
Canoeing is fun for all ages and its getting toward the end of warm weather! Be sure to make that final canoe trip with family or friends. The cost is $25 and all equipment is provided
Sept. 26 1:00pm
- Harvest Festival at Maroa
Maroa is having their annual Harvest Festival with numerous activities going on as well as entertainment.
Sept. 26 4:00pm-11:00pm
- A Love Walk at Millikin University
Alpha Kappa Alpha at Millikin University is hosting a love walk starting at Millikin and ending at Central Park.
Sept. 26 4:00pm- 7:00pm
- Prairie Pedal at Rock Springs Conservation Area
Ride for natural area restoration! Choose from a 20, 40, or 62 mile route along country roads as you ride your bike to protect wildlife and natural areas in Macon County during this fundraiser for the Macon County Conservation Foundation. Enjoy a homemade chili lunch and raffle prizes after the ride. Cost is $25.
Sept. 27 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Putt Putt Golf Event at Overlook Adventure Mini Golf
This event will benefit the Mt. Zion Foundation for Quality Education
Sept. 27 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Homestead Prairie Farm Tour
Tour a restored 1860s farm house.
Sept. 27 1:00pm -4:00pm
- Tour the Oglesby Mansion
Tour the restored home of Illinois Governor Richard J. Oglesby. Encounter the lives of its family members as you discover late nineteenth-century lifestyles and architecture. Cost is $2.
- James Millikin Homestead Open House
Sept. 27 2:00pm -4:00pm
- Peter Harper & The Midwest Kind at Pop’s Place
Sept. 27 3:00pm-6:00pm